Carne Asada tacos are easy to make and delicious for dinner, but they do take time to marinate.
1 pound of trimmed skirt steak
1 teaspoon cumin powder
1 teaspoon red ground pepper
1 cherry tomatoe
1 sweet onion
1 garlic clove
1/4 cup cilantro
The 5 Step Tacos:
1. Marinate one pound of trimmed skirt steak in the juice of two limes (or more if you like it sour like I do), one teaspoon of cumin and one teaspoon of red ground pepper. Throw a dash of salt on there for good measure. Allow it to marinate for up to 3 hours or over night if possible.
2. Spray your skilled and throw the meat in. Cook on medium high until its nice and browned.
3. In a bowl mix one cherry tomatoe, one avocado, some finely chopped cilantro, one small sweet onion, a garlic glove and some salt and pepper. Mix with your hands and enjoy the smell and feel of the fresh vegetables.
4. Fry up your corn tortillas on the stove. (Or cook in a bag in the microwave if you just want them soft.)
5. Meat goes first then the pico de gallo sauce. Garnish with lime wedge and add a side of tortilla chips.